[rt-users] 3.8.2 authentication loss in navigation

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Sat Feb 21 16:50:57 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:46:00AM -0800, Mark Street wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from a 3.6.5 rpm based install to source code 3.8.2 install. Everything seemed to go well and working well but from time to time the session authentication is lost when I click on a link to a ticket from my quick search or RTFM. I supply my login and password and rt gladly continues to the destination I chose. This is not consistent. Sometimes a blank page will present when clicking on a link
>
> Any ideas on why this may be happening
>
> --
> Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
> Chief Technology Officer
> Alliance Medical Center
> (707) 433-5494

Mark,

Without any configuration information, my guess is that your
session table entry with MySQL is larger than the maximum query
size defined in your configuration file. Please feel free to
correct any and all of my possibly incorrect assumptions and it
may be possible to give some more related feedback. :)

Cheers,
Ken