[rt-users] Configuring RT for customer logins

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 23 12:25:03 EST 2009

Joel,

	Try this: grant All the privileges for "Searches" Globally to
"Privileged". Then grant "SeeQueue" and "CreateTicket" at the Queue
level to "Privileged". Then grant "ShowTicket", "ShowOutgoingEmail", and
"ReplyToTicket" at the Queue level to "Requestrors". That should give
you a good start. Permissions are difficult to grasp at first (at least
they were for me). I've found that a good rule to follow is to not grant
too much at a high level. I never grant rights to Users and only to
groups. I only grant the "Search" stuff and "ModifySelf" at the GLOBAL
level. The rest is always for certain groups for certain queues. This
works for me, but I have about 115 queues for technicaL support of
different software applications and infrastructure support. Your
installation may not need to be so protective or granular. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL