[rt-users] dealing with Cc:

Razvan Cosma razvan.cosma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:10:25 EST 2009

 Hello,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with a common issue we have
when multiple recipients are specified for a message. If a customer sends a
message to our ticket system with a dozen other persons in to: and/or cc:,
it will be stored correctly, but
1. If any of the other recipients replies to the initial message, keeping RT
in Cc: a new ticket will be created, with him/her as requestor. Is it
possible for RT to detect such replies and store them as part of the same
issue?
2. When sending messages from RT to a list of Cc: each recipient will only
see the RT alias as originator, so replies will not be seen by the others.
Is this a configurable option?