[rt-users] resolving and closing tickets

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Mon Jan 5 09:23:58 EST 2009

(Correct me if I am wrong ..please) but ..
I do not think just disabling / removing the scrip is a good solution ,
what you end up with correspondences/updates filtering into the ticket
which remains resolved, and no one notices, then a phone call from an
angry customer who has been ignored  ..
If you do not wish tickets to re-open then in addition to disabling the
scrip, you either:

1- Create scrip to create new ticket when corresponding to a resolved
ticket.
2- As James suggested modify the source code to send back a bounce
stating the ticket in question is resolved and should open a new ticket

In either case a new ticket and few more rows in your Groups and CGM
tables, In my opinion, its more system efficient  to re-open the ticket ..

Regards;
Roy