[rt-users] RT3 and ITIL

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 9 08:44:12 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 12:45:01PM +0100, Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can RT3 be made "ITIL-compliant"?

According to the ITIL specification (as of the last time I read it), the
answer is "tools can not be made ITIL compliant. An organization can use
tools to implement ITIL-compliant processes."  Various RT users over the
past few years have told us privately and on rt-users/rt-devel that they
use RT to implement ITIL-compliant processes.

> I know that ITIL is more about processes etc, but my boss has decided we
> need an "ITIL-compliant" ticketing-system....

I'd be absolutely thrilled to see, contribute to or develop a guide to
configuring RT to meet an ITIL-compliant organization's tickboxes.  Does
your boss know which of the ITIL areas/practices/functions he's looking
to implement?

Best,
Jesse