[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 prompts for login when viewing tickets via search

Narendra Mehta Narendra.Mehta at sce.carleton.ca
Fri Jan 9 12:28:44 EST 2009

I had a version RT 3.6.4 running on RHEL 4. mysql-4.1. mod_fastcgi-2.4.2
without any problem

I installed 3.8.1 on an RHEL 5 with mod_fastcgi-2.4.6 and perl-5.9 on a
different hardware.  Then upgraded to 3.8.2.  Dumped the mysql rt3
database from 3.6.4 and restored it on 3.8.2.    Ran rt-setup-database
to upgrade the tables.

I can login to RT 3.8.2, create and process tickets for tickets shows in
"10 newest unowned tickets", no problem.  However, any thing that
involves searches prompts me for the login/password.  For example, on
the "quick search" I click on my queue "general", I get a list of all
the tickets.  When I click on one of the ticket #, I get the login
prompt.  When I login, the ticket# is properly displayed and I can work
on it.

Similarly, on the search button at the top, if I enter a ticket number
the ticket is displayed and I can work on the ticket.  However, if I
enter any search text in the "search" field, the login prompt is displayed.

Did I miss any steps?

Thanks
|Narendra Mehta             Email: Narendra.Mehta at sce.carleton.ca   |
|Computer Systems Manager   Tel: (613) 520-5737 Fax: (613) 520-5727 |
|Carleton University, Systems and Computer Engineering Department   |
|1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6             |