[rt-users] Hardware Config

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Fri Jan 16 22:32:03 EST 2009

I'm currently running a roughly 8GB database on 2gb of ram (quad core xeon
2.4), webserver and db on the same machine. The indexes sit just over a 1GB
and I have 768MB on the pool, iowait is very low and the index hit rate is
high. The shredder indexes account for a large portion of it so it caches
them back in at that time which is late at night. I still think you could
get more out of it with some tuning. The indexes would probably help if you
are doing a lot of queries against those fields though.