[rt-users] Programatically creating tickets with specific id numbers

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Mon Jan 19 05:22:16 EST 2009

Dear all,

We're in the process of migrating to RT from an ancient ticketing system.
I'd like to load our existing database of around 18,000 tickets into RT --
which seems eminently do-able using a bit of perl scripting.  Except for
one thing: is it possible to set ticket ID numbers programatically?  As
far as I can tell the ticket id is derived from an autoincrement value in
one of the DB tables and there's no api for choosing a specific value.
Which makes it rather hard to preserve the existing ticket ID numbers.

If anyone can point me towards examples on the Net of code for doing this
sort of migration I'd be grateful.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                        The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers               Marshborough Rd