[rt-users] Using RT with non-English (foreign characters) Emails

Potla, Ashish Bassaliel c_apotla at qualcomm.com
Tue Jan 20 14:22:21 EST 2009

Hi Emmanuel,
->What database are you using? What is the character set of your DB?
I am using Oracle Database .

My NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS are

NLS_LANGUAGE                   AMERICAN
NLS_TERRITORY                  AMERICA
NLS_CURRENCY                   $
NLS_ISO_CURRENCY               AMERICA
NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS         .,
NLS_CHARACTERSET               AL32UTF8
NLS_CALENDAR                   GREGORIAN
NLS_DATE_FORMAT                DD-MON-RR
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE              AMERICAN
NLS_SORT                       BINARY
NLS_TIME_FORMAT                HH.MI.SSXFF AM
NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT           DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM
NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT             HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT        DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY              $
NLS_COMP                       BINARY
NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS           BYTE
NLS_NCHAR_CONV_EXCP            FALSE
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET         AL16UTF16
NLS_RDBMS_VERSION              10.2.0.3.0

->Can you see chinese chars on web RT interface?
NO

->What is the content of sent emails if you look at the web UI?
I see question marks where I expect to see the foreign characters.

->Does your client has utf-8 support with fonts that includes utf-8 chinese chars?
I am using Oracle 10_2 client, and I have no idea how to check this. Can you point me in the right direction?

I have RT running on a solaris box and the RT DB is on a different server.

Thanks in advance,
Ashish