[rt-users] Prevent status change?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Fri Jan 30 03:58:51 EST 2009

On jeu, 2009-01-29 at 12:34 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 06:29:43PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to ask if it sounds possible to implement some kind of
> > basic workflows in RT (3.8), especially preventing some status changes.
> >
> > We are currently designing a hotline/helpdesk, and we need some people
> > not to be able to change the status of some tickets. Because the
> > workflow we want to implement say it's not possible to go from open to
> > resolved directly, or stuff like that.
> >
> > Basically, I'd like to be able to configure RT and tell it which
> > transitions are authorized and which ones aren't, but it doesn't seem
> > possible atm.
>
> We've done some work for this for a client on 3.8, though it needs more
> work for general availability.

Would it be possible to share the work, see if we could tune it to match
our needs?

>   It's a core feature in the upcoming RT
> 4.0. (Not that that helps you very much yet)

Yeah, we can't really wait for RT4, I guess. But it sure would be nicer
if it don't do too much incompatible stuff. If the workflow we design
now can be cleanly integrated in RT4 it will be very nice. But I'm not
really confident about that, if the core has changed a lot. (it may be
worth installing an RT4 devel just to see how it looks, too)

I think we'll try to follow the callback road, maybe adding few ones a
tuning the code so we can prevent tickets modifications early, but
keeping the modification the lowest possible.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis