[rt-users] /bin/rt script & permissions

Diona Kidd diona at knowmad.com
Fri Jul 10 10:41:17 EDT 2009

I'm using calls to the /bin/rt script in a perl script to help automate the
creation and attributes of queues for projects. I can make a queue, no
problem using

rt new -t queue set Name='$project_name'

I need to assign AdminCC watchers and group permissions to the newly created
queue. I've looked in the script, wiki, google and through the RT Essentials
book. So far, I'm still unclear on how to do this. Can someone point me in a
direction for a resource to clarify the process for me and/or verify that
this can be done via this script? Alternatively, I realize I can use the API
but I was hoping to learn more about the /bin/rt script and keep my code
simple.

Kind regards,

Diona Kidd