[rt-users] Pubcookie auth

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Jul 15 05:41:16 EDT 2009

Tue 14 Jul 2009 21:00:49 GMT
Peter Boguszewski wrote:
> Sorry about the lack of information.  Here is the story.  I have
> pubcookie installed and working with apache.  I have Ubuntu 8.10.3
> installed and RT 3.8.4 installed - both work.  I installed
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth via cpan successfully (shows up under the
> plugins dir).  I then add Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));
> to my RT_SiteConfig.pm and apache2 goes boom.  I get this error in the
> apache log:
>
> [error] Can't load Perl file: /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl for server
> xxxxxxxx:0, exiting...
>
> I am no perl wizard so I am sure I am just doing something stupid.
> Again, I remove the plugin from RT_SiteConfig.pm and it works.
>
> I am just missing something?

Sorry, I misunderstood initially.. was not aware of pubcookie as a
project. I've had a quick look at it, but I'm not certain at this point
how it would integrate with externalauth.

Having said that, I don't know why it wouldn't be able to live
side-by-side with externalauth and so it oughtnt make apache go boom
just by loading it.

To be honest, I would have thought that your best route to success would
be to use mod_pubcookie, in which case you don't want
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth at all, but instead you'd want RT's inbuilt
apache authentication system whereby it just listens to whatever apache
tells it.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com