[rt-users] RT3 new install and customisations.

Erwan HAMON hamon.erwan at free.fr
Wed Jul 15 06:11:56 EDT 2009

Quoting Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> on Tue, 14 Jul 2009
10:06:04 -0400:

> If you have patches to published extensions, the right thing to do is
> to send them to the correct queue on http://rt.cpan.org so that the
> authors can look to include them.

OK, thanks.

>>   + Share LDAP parameters with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08
>
> Did you maintain backcompat for people using LDAPImport already?

I'll check this carefully.

I obvioulsy lost compatibility with RT_SiteConfig parameters as I am
using those from RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08. Now you mention it, I
should probably try both and leave warning messages.

Anything else should work as before. (eg: rtldapimport --update)

>>   + Allow RT3 custom fields to be fed from LDAP as well.
>
> LDAPImport can populate values for custom fields from LDAP,

It did not when I pulled it prior to version 0.06 (19-Jun-2009).

I think I'd best backport the new code which seems more comprehensive
than mine.

>>   + Add users to RT3 groups acording to two mechanisms (LDAP attribute
>>     and LDAP search base)
>
> This will be interesting to see, although again, hopefully it doesn't
> conflict with the existing group functionality.

I can't see any conflict I have just extended "add_user_to_group"
which does $group->AddMember($principal->Id);

I have also created a del_user_from_groups which does
$group->DeleteMember($user_obj->Id);

>> My code still needs some clean-up as I am new to Perl and I haven't
>>  looked at how to package it.
>
> I look forward to seeing your patches

OK.

best,