[rt-users] PATH: shredder deletes users with valid messages

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Jul 24 18:47:14 EDT 2009

Gordon, I didn't demand anything.  I (for free, as you said) supplied
a patch which makes the software work.   Without the patch, the
software does not function.   The person I was replying to was making
an argument that this wasn't necessary, and my text quoted below was
simply making the point that it was necessary.   Without the patch, db
inconsistency can make loading tickets impossible.   And without the
patch, it errors out rather than completing the job.  There's nothing
"tired" or "emotional" about this, it's plain fact.

On Jul 23, 2009, at 5:32 PM, gordon at cryologic.com wrote:
> Demanding work be done by developers who kindly (ie for free) maintain
> open source software, in my opinion, borders on being plain rude.
> You are free to patch your own version of RT, or find alternative
> software which falls more in line with your expectations for ongoing
> development. The excuse of being tired and emotional only carries
> weight
> for so long.
>
> Gordon
>
> Jo Rhett wrote:
>> See my reply.   The part of the patch which you refused because it
>> was
>> "well documented" breaks RT.  Not fixing that isn't something you can
>> simply "document" -- RT falls over.  Searches break.  Pulling up
>> tickets break.  Pulling reports on users work on tickets break.   You
>> can't simply "document this behavior", it's a must-fix issue.

Jo Rhett
and other randomness