[rt-users] ModifyTicket required to close tickets?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Mon Jul 27 17:01:22 EDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>> Obviously I can change that, but forcing people to take ownership
>> of a
>> ticket (multiple steps) just to answer a customer and close the
>> ticket
>> is bad.  Never make it harder for a support person to do their
>> job :-(
>
> If you have TakeTicket there should be links to own a ticket in one
> click.
> Taking a ticket from person A and giving it to person B is indeed a
> long laborious process, but grabbing a ticket to work on shouldn't be.

The problem is that anywhere from 2 to 22 people can work on a ticket
throughout it's lifetime, and it's not a "think about who owns it kind
of thing".  It's just "in the queue, answer it next" methodology for
most tickets.

So a person will click to open a ticket, then click to reply... then
realize they need to take ownership to resolve it and have to back
out, steal the ticket and then reply.

> And, to confirm, ModifyTicket is required to resolve a ticket.
> ModifyTicket has long been up for discussion for breaking into
> multiple rights, but it needs to be done right and be backwards
> compatible.

Because this topic matters to me a lot, if you'd be willing to toss
out requirements for the patch I might be able to take it on next
week, after I do the long-delayed mail headers rewrite.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness