[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 -> 3.8.3 Update/Changes

Paul Hirose pthirose at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 1 13:51:10 EDT 2009

First, thank you to the BP team for the update.  Making a good product better is always welcome :)

Second, I just wanted to point out to folks that use WebExternalAuth, and potentially the companion WebFallbackToInternalAuth, that it has been reversed.  In RT 3.8.2, it was "...is undefined, the user..." and in 3.8.3, it is now "...is defined, the user..." so please be careful.

Another change I noticed was the default-refresh for RT at a Glance (and Search too!) is now a built-in.  Thank you for that.  I can now remove my own /local/html/index.html file that I had in 3.8.2 for the purpose of the HomepageRefreshInterval setting.  I always like it, when I can get rid of my local customizations (which I must point out, I in turn obtained from the rt-users@ mailing list, not like I invented it myself!)

Finally, I wanted to ask about the EmailSubjectTagRegex.  In 3.8.2, my EmailSubjectTagRegex is qr/(?:Billing|Technical|Administrative) Support/i );  This prevented RT from changing the subject line.  There's entries in the changelog about "Fix for rewriting Ticket subjects when using Queue Subject tags".  Can I now remove my EmailSubjectTagRegex?  Will RT now be able to use each queue's Subject Tag?  All my queue Subject Tag are "Billing Support", "Technical Support", etc.

There are lots more changes of course, but those are the ones I noticed.  In case folks aren't reading the entire changelog, I just wanted to highlight the important (imho to me) ones :)

Thank you,
PH

--
Paul Hirose          : pthirose at ucdavis.edu : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /MyLife
1034 Academic Surge  : Programmer/Analyst   : Backup Motto : rm -fr /