[rt-users] Minimal Apache2 for RT? (fwd)

Paul Hirose pthirose at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 1 13:31:37 EDT 2009

>What platform are you running RT on? On RHEL the default Apache
>installation is sufficient.

In my particular case, it's OpenBSD 4.5.  But I'm bulidng Apache-2.2.11 from source, so I'm comparing my modules list against the default in the Apache source build itself.  I'm just trying to pare it down (default is about 30 and I'm down to about half).

So far, I've managed to reduce it down to the following, and I've had no complaints:
rt:bin {102} ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   mod_authn_file.c
   mod_authz_host.c
   mod_authz_user.c
   mod_auth_basic.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_setenvif.c
   prefork.c
   http_core.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_info.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_so.c

The only reason I need authn_file, authz_host, authz_user, and auth_basic is because I need CAS logins (mod_auth_cas, which is LoadModule'd.)  I don't know if all these auth* modules are required, if I was using the built-in RT-based user authentication system.  I have status/info only for a short time while I monitor it and they'll both eventually be removed.

I think I probably need dir and mime, but I'm not sure about env/setenvif/asis.  I realize I'm kinda hitting the point of diminshing returns at this point, but it's just something I figure I'd try and ask about.

PH

PS
Incidentally, some of the Tuning tips on http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/PerformanceTuning work really well.  Especially, the MasonStaticSource true, and MasonEnableAutoflush true directives worked well for us.  We were using a recent build of DBIx::SearchBuilder and HTML::Mason, but if your system isn't, I'd highly recommend updating those two modules if possible.