[rt-users] Only Plain Text Mails.

Rana Tanveer ranatanveer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:18:10 EDT 2009

Hi Kavin

I have tried hard to implement according to your advise. but unfortunately
it does not work or may i did something wrong.

http://code.bestpractical.com/bps-public/rt/3.8/trunk/docs/templates.pod

can you please give me some exact example so that i use that with little
modification.

I have spent 10 hours for this task to sent mails in text/html.

i am thinking about to modify SendEmail.pm, as this was not the right way to
deal with so i did not change this file. as it is clearly mentioned here
that for security reason we only send textual mails.

can you please help ?

Part of the

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm

# For security reasons, we only send out textual mails.
 foreach my $part ( grep !$_->is_multipart, $MIMEObj->parts_DFS ) {
.
.
.

On May 31, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Rana Tanveer wrote:

> I am using RT 3.8.2, but RT is sending only plain text messages.

Please read docs/templates.pod in your RT tarball which
describes the steps necessary to generate outgoing HTML
email (the settings below only affect display of mail within
RT)

-kevin

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Rana Tanveer <ranatanveer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Every one.
>
> I am using RT 3.8.2, but RT is sending only plain text messages.
>
> i used below setting but same result.
>
> Set($PreferRichText, 1);
> Set($MessageBoxRichText, 1);
> Set($MessageBoxRichTextHeight, 200);
>
> I even try to search mailing lists but no luck.
>
> could anyone guide me what is wrong, or what might should i have to use ?
>
> --
>           Rana Tanveer
>          +923224194457
> http://www.sysadminsline.com