[rt-users] Default value for custom fields

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 2 12:56:17 EDT 2009

Matthew,

    Try creating a scrip that has the condition of "OnCreate", an action
as "user-Defined" and put code in the prep action code area that sets
the CF to the value you want (see below). Put "return 1;" in the
clean-up action area. That should do it.

Prep Action code:
# set the CF Work-Completed Date

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $cf_obj = RT::CustomField->new($RT::SystemUser);
my $cf_name = "Work-Completed Date";
my ( undef, undef, undef, $mon, $day, $year ) = localtime( time );
my $cf_value = sprintf( '%d/%02d/%02d', $year + 1900, $mon, $day );

$cf_obj->LoadByName(Name=>$cf_name);
$RT::Logger->debug("Loaded\$cf_obj->Name = ". $cf_obj->Name() ."\n");
$ticket->AddCustomFieldValue(Field=>$cf_obj, Value=>$cf_value,
RecordTransaction=>0);

return 1;

Kenn
LBNL