[rt-users] Creating Tickets Via Email

Nick Coronado ncoronado at isncom.com
Tue Jun 2 16:22:27 EDT 2009

I looked up the Email Integration document under the wiki pages. I
followed the steps and was able to perform the following:

cat testfile | /usr/bin/rt-mailgate --debug Exchange --action correspond
-url http://rt.isncom.com

AND RECEIVED:

Connecting to http://rt.isncom.com/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
/usr/bin/rt-mailgate line 99, <> line 1.

okTicket: 12648Queue: Owner: NobodyStatus: rejectedSubject: testing
ticketRequestor:  at /usr/bin/rt-mailgate line 108, <> line 1.

In order to keep the ticket from being rejected when I use the web
interface I have to have the following fields:

1. mandatory customer ID

2. support level

3. severity

If the whole point is for a user to be able to email an issue and have
it create a ticket how could I do this without getting the ticket
rejected?

Basically, instead of having customer service deal with so many calls we
would like users to be able to create their own tickets. ? Has anyone
dealt with this issue before?