[rt-users] Binary files broken since upgrade to RT 3.8

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Tue Jun 2 17:41:06 EDT 2009

Hmmm, usually the cause of binary attachments not displaying properly is
because folks didn't apply the 'mysql 4.1' update...

James Moseley

Dominic Lepiane <Dominic.Lepiane at ptgrey.com> wrote:

I did run steps 4-6 from the UPGRADING.mysql , yes.  I've included the
generated SQL below.  I should note the DBMS is on a separate host from
the RT (Apache / Postfix) server.   Actually, now that I think about it,
when I generated the SQL, there was this message:

"Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl line 261."

But as I recall, when I looked for more info on this only, other people
reported seeing this message but then did not have any problems.  When I
ran the SQL (below), there was no error.  It took a while, but did not
produce any errors.