[rt-users] Binary files broken since upgrade to RT 3.8

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:34:21 EDT 2009

I believe you used backup&restore of original production DB, didn't
you? In this case you probably mangled data on load. Use
--default-character-set=binary on mysqldump and later on mysql load.
This only required for not upgraded DBs, after proper upgrade you
don't need this option.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Dominic Lepiane
<Dominic.Lepiane at ptgrey.com> wrote:
> Dear RT users,
>
> I am trying to get our RT installation moved from RT 3.6.6 to 3.8.3.
> I've tried following the upgrade steps in the UPGRADING.mysql and the
> README files as diligently as I can.  The DBMS is MySQL 5.0.45.  I
> updated all the perl modules... When I try the new version, everything
> coming in works okay, but all the old binary attachments are broken, in
> truth, anything other than regular ascii is mangled (e.g. diacritical
> marks like é, ô, ç etc).  If I try to open an image, it says "The image
> http://rt/Ticket/Attachment/672/883/spots1.bmp"cannot be displayed,
> because it contains errors.".
>
> Clearly I've either missed something or something has to be done to
> convert this data.  If I convert the Content column back to longtext
> from longblob, then the binary data works again.
>
> Please advise what can I do to get the data into the new table schema.
>
> Thanks,
> - Dominic

Best regards, Ruslan.