[rt-users] Binary files broken since upgrade to RT 3.8

Dominic Lepiane Dominic.Lepiane at ptgrey.com
Tue Jun 2 19:14:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm not too clear what you mean.  In creating the test system, I did
backup & restore the db.  But I built a 3.6.6 system and then tested the
upgrade from that database.  So I stopped Apache and Postfix, removed
the old /opt/rt3 folder, make install to get the new 3.8 files, and then
followed the upgrade instructions including the rt-setup-database and
upgrade-mysql-schema.pl scripts.

At this point, I'm simply trying to get a handful of binary attachments
working with a simple script to spit out the image entirely independent
of RT.  So I'm doing this:

mysqldump --default-character-set=binary --compact -c -t -q -Q -w
"TransactionId < 2500 AND ContentType=\"image/bmp\""  -u root rt3
Attachments > /data/attachments-dump4.sql

mysql --default-character-set=binary -u root rttest < attachments-dump4.sql

As you can sortof see, I'm trying to dump a couple attachments from the
3.6.6 rt3 database which contain image/bmp data and then restoring to
the test database.   I have a couple PHP scripts which simply spit out
the ContentType as the Content-type header first and then echo the
Content second.  And it looks to me like the data coming out of the
rttest database still is broken.   However, I know that if I push new
tickets in to the upgraded RT 3.8.3, those images do come out good the
same as the old data does under 3.6.6.

I must still be confused or missing something though, what do I do now?

Thanks,
- Dominic