[rt-users] Help with RT Groups and LDAP group.

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Jun 3 05:02:20 EDT 2009

Tue 02 Jun 2009 23:16:38 GMT
Kevin Gagel wrote:
> I've got the ldap plug in working but I seem to have a disconnect
> between root and ldap users. What I mean is that I can login to RT using
> my ldap credentials but I have nothing available except tickets to open,
> close and new tickets. The root account is still available and when I
> login with that I can configure rights but my ldap users don't appear
> unless I do a search for them specifically. Some rights cannot be
> assigned because the ldap account does not appear in the list of choices
> to add a right to.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction here please?

Your LDAP users are being auto-created as Unprivileged which means they
see the SelfService screen, not the staff/privileged user interface.
Also the default user list only shows privileged users. If you want to
see all users search for %

If you want LDAP users to be automatically created as privileged then
you need to set:
Set($AutoCreate, {Privileged => 1})

If you just want selected LDAP users to be privileged then search for
the user, go into their settings and set "Allow this user to be granted
rights".

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com