[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 -> 3.8.3 Update/Changes

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Jun 3 17:58:30 EDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> I don't think you're doing this from a tarball,
> you're trying to do it from the installed directory.

Nope, from the extracted tarball in ports directory.

> It gives you an even more specific command to run
> at the end of the output from make upgrade

FreeBSD port doesn't use "make install" or "make upgrade" -- unless
perhaps we're supposed to run "make upgrade" from the extraction
directory afterwards.  The port doesn't indicate this.

I'm very tempted to stop using the FreeBSD port and just run RT from a
single install directory, but I'm also aware that this will make the
installation even more tied-to-Jos-brain and less easy for others to
maintain, so...

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness