[rt-users] Reminders: What are they, can they (or something else in RT) be made to do this?

Faith Senie fms at amaranth.com
Mon Jun 8 10:16:27 EDT 2009

I have looked through the Wiki and anything else I could find for full
documentation of the purpose of the "Reminders" tickets, and I haven't
found anything other than explanations of how to deal with problems
with them (details of how to make them go away when the ticket they're
based on is closed out, etc.).  So can someone explain what the major
purpose of the Reminders tickets is?

Also, the functionality we were trying to achieve with them is the
following, which they clearly don't do.  How do we do this?  We'd like
to have a mechanism by which we can set a trigger in a ticket that
will send the owner an email on a specified date that says, "There's
something you need to do with this ticket today".  It is not
sufficient for it to put up a notice on the RT main page, as we don't
normally open RT unless there's a new ticket or we're explicitly
updating an existing one -- it must send email to the owner.  We don't
want anything before the specified date, we want it on the specified
date.  A one-time email on that date is sufficient.  Can Reminders be
updated to do this, or is there another mechanism we could use to do
this?

Thanks,
Faith