[rt-users] Reminders: What are they, can they (or something else in RT) be made to do this?

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 8 12:57:45 EDT 2009

Faith,

    I may be wrong, but my understanding of RT tickets (any ticket) is
that unless there is a transaction being executed for it, it will not
just arbitrarily know to send off a notice to someone. TO do that, you
need to create a cron job that will run thru the RT Ticket Tabler and
examine the tickets and based on appropriate conditions, send out a
notice. At that point, your "Reminder" tickets are really extraneous.
Reminder tickets will only help someone who is using RT online. So, if
your purpose in having Reminders is for the Email notice, you need not
bother. You can examine the base ticket and find all the conditions
needed for that cron job. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL