[rt-users] Resolv ticket: default Reply or Comment

James Bromberger james.bromberger at vibrantmedia.com
Wed Jun 10 07:07:55 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have had a bunch of people working my Queues hitting "resolve" on a
ticket, typing stuff thinking they are replying to the requestor, and
not noticing that the default is a comment, and I'd like to change the
default to "reply to requestor" rather than "comment". I see in
html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs its just a matter of changing :

"Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&DefaultStatus=resolved&id="

"Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&DefaultStatus=resolved&UpdateType=res
ponse&id="

But that's a bit of a hack. I suspect it's the kind of default you'd
want to change per queue. I've tacked it into the WishList on the wiki;
unless I've missed where this can be set (doesn't look like a user
configurable option at the moment).

Thanks,

  James