[rt-users] rt-mailgate undefined server error for only one user

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 16 17:10:54 EDT 2009

On Jun 16, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Jon Baker wrote:

> I've narrowed it down to the Create Ticket command in Email.pm:
>
>         my ( $id, $Transaction, $ErrStr ) = $Ticket->Create(
>             Queue     => $SystemQueueObj->Id,
>             Subject   => $Subject,
>             Requestor => \@Requestors,
>             Cc        => \@Cc,
>             MIMEObj   => $Message
>         );
>
> If I comment out the MIMEObj line then the function returns without
> issue.  I'm thinking it is something wrong with my MIME parser, but I
> don't know the best way to go about fixing it - is there a perl module
> that I should re-install?

If you want to check your module versions, you can use make testdeps
from an RT tarball

> If I set the timeout to 600 then it does seem to go through sometimes
> - but I know that letting it take 10 minutes implies there's a deeper
> problem somewhere, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right
> direction to get this solved.

This sounds like you either have a very large attachment or very
complex message, but without seeing the contents of the message
its hard to guess.

> We updated to FC11 from FC10 on Friday, if that matters, although I
> have a separate system that is also running RT that I'm able to send
> the same message into without issue (I have successfully caught the
> raw message and am able to attempt to send it through rt-mailgate via
> the command line)

I would look at the dep checking mentioned above first, as FC probably
messed with your perl and module versions

-kevin