[rt-users] Arguments to callbacks?

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 08:11:42 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM, ravi <ravi-lists at g8o.net> wrote:

> On Jun 16, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > On Jun 16, 2009, at 5:19 PM, ravi wrote:
> >
> >> any documentation on what is passed into a Callback? I am mostly
> >> Googling the Callbacks I am interested in to figure out, using
> >> examples others have provided, what the arguments may be, but that
> >> only works so far. I also have the RT Essentials book, but that has
> >> no
> >> mention of Callbacks at all!
> >
> > Every Callback is different.
> >
> > Go find the callback you're using and see what RT passes in.
> > $ grep -r callback /opt/rt3/share/html
> > Everything but CallbackName will be passed on in %ARGS
> >

> In case you are curious: I am trying to modify the display of a custom
> field value. Unfortunately, there seems to be no Callback for each
> specific value in Elements/ShowCustomFields, so I may do a local copy
> of that whole script to make my changes,

Ravi,

We just did exactly this sort of thing for a project I've been working on. I
don't remember all the details now as I'm not at home at the moment. But
IIRC it involved modifying Elements/ShowCustomField (note singular form) and
then doing some checks for particular CF types. I got the idea off the wiki,
so that would be a good place to start.

Drew
Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres