[rt-users] Outgoing SMTP - e-mails not received

Elias K elliew at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:47:05 EDT 2009

Hi All!

Rt 3.8.2. on Solaris10 (x86).

I have configured (as I thought) RT to use an SMTP server for all outgoing
e-mail correspondence.

Set($MailCommand, 'smtp');
Set($SMTPServer, 'mailhost');
Set($SMTPDebug, 'true');
Set($SMTPFrom, 'xx at xxxxxx.com');

The mailhost (Linux on x86) is reachable and I was able to send e-mails
using SMTP commands after telnet'ing to it from the RT server machine.

However, I am not getting any e-mails.

There are no signs of e-mail activity from the RT server recorded on the
SMTP server (Postfix).

Also, I can't find any debugging information on the RT server.

Would appreciate any advice.

Elias