[rt-users] Slow querys - can I speed this up?

Aaron Guise aaron at guise.net.nz
Wed Jun 17 17:48:14 EDT 2009

Have you tried tuning MySQL with mysqltuner? We had a similar problem when
our attachments table grew over 2.2gb.  I was able to resolve the issue we
had by increasing settings based on the recommendations from mysqltuner.  We
frequently experienced ticket load times of upto 14 - 30 seconds but now the
majority of tickets will load and display in under 1 second.

Had to add more RAM to the server also,  MySQL was choking.

Currently running;
Debian Lenny 64Bit
4Gb RAM
Apache2 - Modperl