[rt-users] Ticket Dependencies within Template

Speagle, Andy Andy.Speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Jun 18 12:54:50 EDT 2009

Self-Update,

> I can’t seem to get this right.  I have a template that creates a series of child tickets that I want to be
> interdependent based on the value of one or more custom fields.  Everything is working very well, save for
> actually creating the dependencies… here’s a bit of the relevant code:

I resolved this myself, by making the “Preconfigure” custom field mandatory and using this code…

{{{
Depended-On-By: {($Tickets{'TOP'}->FirstCustomFieldValue('Preconfigure') eq 'Yes') ? "StepNetwork" : "StepTelecomm";}
}}}

I’m still a little weirded-out by the fact that the previous code didn’t succeed.

> {{{
> Depended-On-By: {
>   my $objDepTicket;
>
>   $objDepTicket = 'StepTelecomm' if ($strPre eq 'Yes');
>   $objDepTicket = 'TOP' if ($strPre eq 'No');
>
>   $objDepTicket;
> }
> }}}

It doesn’t seem significantly different… perhaps someone can clue me in to the relevant differences.

Thanks,

Andy Speagle

Rogue Unix Admin
Wichita State University