[rt-users] Autoreply to Actor only

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:13:30 EDT 2009

No, you are spot on.

When an email is sent, their is something called the message envelope, which
is distinct from the message header. The envelope determines who the message
is delivered to, whereas the header determines what is displayed in their
email program.

Your method involved specifying recipients at the tope of an RT template,
which as far as I know will only result in the headers being modified. That
will affect what people see in their email programs, but not who the email
is actually sent to.

However, for all I know RT could be populating the envelope recipients from
the header recipients specified in the template.

Oh well, no harm in trying :)