[rt-users] RT Memory Leaks Problem

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Wed Jun 24 08:42:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 03:31:13PM +0530, Varun Vyas wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have 8gigs RAM on my machine with RT 3.6.3 installed and we have intel
> processor. I  have RHEL3 installed  with kernel version  2.6.9-5. And my
> problem is that as each day passes our memory in RAM gets exhausted and
> by the end of 3rd day it starts using swap memory and we have to restart
> my apache so that i can stable my memory usage. I m pretty sure its
> memory leak problem . But i m not able to find out by what reason this
> memory leaks are occuring and its not letting it to remain stable
>
> Can any can suggest me help in this. Any help is appreciated
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Varun Vyas
> Software Engineer - Automation

In the interim, you could schedule a "graceful" restart of apache
every day with cron:

# Restart apache daily to clear process bloat.
5 5 * * * APACHE_PIDFILE=/var/run/httpd.pid APACHE_CONFIG=/etc/httpd.conf /usr/sbin/apachectl graceful >/dev/null 2>&1

This should keep everything in check. I hope that this helps.

Regards,
Ken