[rt-users] Help, root no more a SuperUser

Николаев Александр anikolaev at ot.ru
Thu Jun 25 10:11:03 EDT 2009

Boris Jordanov пишет:
> I'm in a trouble. While setting some user rights, it seems I've revoked
> the superuser right of mu root (UID 1) user. Can someone guide me how to
> fix this? A nice SQL statement to make my root superuser again?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> PS It's urgent :(

correct me if i'm wrong - there's a record in Principals table for each
user. u should use principal id for root.
so, first do a
select id from Users where Name LIKE 'root';

remember th id of root user

then

select id from Principals where Object id = [that number u remembered on
previous step]

remember this number too

then, finally, do a

insert into ACL values (NULL, 'Group', [that number u remembered on
previous step], 'SuperUser', 'RT::System', 1, 0, 0);

in my case both of id's were 12.
but, i performed lots of different upgrades. so 12 probably won't work.

good luck, and be careful :)

--
br, alex