[rt-users] RT 3.8.4 on FreeBSD 7.3: LDAP_SYNC_INFO Missing

Tim Gustafson tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 29 13:14:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get RT up and running on a fresh new FreeBSD 7.3 VM.  I've installed the FreeBSD RT ports, including rt-3.8.4 and p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08_1.  I'm configured for LDAP integration and I can get to the home page, but when I go to log in, I get these in my error log:

----------
Apache2::RequestIO::rflush: (53) Software caused connection abort at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 1020 (/usr/local/bin/webmux.pl:165)

"LDAP_SYNC_INFO" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP/Intermediate.pm line 10 (/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/Carp.pm:46)
----------

After I get that error message, if I do a "ctrl-reload" in Firefox to re-post my login request to the server, it does let me in.  So, it seems that the missing LDAP_SYNC_INFO either comes and goes, or is not needed for every request.

In addition to the trace back that comes up in my browser when I get the two errors listed above, I also occasionally get this error in my browser, accompanied by another ""LDAP_SYNC_INFO" is not exported" in the server log:

----------
Can't locate object method "new" via package "Net::LDAP::Search" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP.pm line 257.

I found one thread on Google that talks about this problem from February, but that thread did not offer a conclusion.  I also used Google to search the RT archives for "LDAP_SYNC_INFO" but came up empty-handed.

I did a cvsup of my ports tree and re-installed (via portupgrade) RT and the ExternalAuth module just to be sure I didn't his a transient bug, but I'm still getting those errors.

Can anyone shed some light on this bug for me?

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg at soe.ucsc.edu