[rt-users] Documentation for RT REST API

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Mon Jun 29 14:05:33 EDT 2009

I add attachments through the REST API.  Unfortunately its not well
documented, I had to read the source code from the CLI myself to figure out
how to make it work, at least for the storing of attachments.  I had to deduce
the encoding parts in order to get attachments out without making two HTTP calls.

I wrote what I learned into a convenience library for ruby called rt-client.
It's available on rubyforge and you can install it with "gem install
rt-client" if you are a ruby person.  I think the ruby code is a lot easier to
decipher than the perl, and thus possibly serves as better documentation, at
least for the parts I coded.  There may be even more to the API that I haven't
figured out yet, but what I've done will at least get you attachments.

http://rt-client.rubyforge.org/ for the documentation on my library, and to
figure out the REST interface for attachments read the source.  The storing of
attachments is done in the compose() method, and the reading of them in
get_attachment().