[rt-users] BUG: has StealTicket but gets "You can only take tickets which are unowned?"

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Mar 4 15:28:02 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Wed  4.Mar'09 at 11:29:38 -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
>> Reading the code in Ticket_Overlay around line 2730-2750 it would
>> appear that this is deliberate.  For someone to reassign a ticket to
>> someone else on their reply, they must be the current owner.  For me
>> to take it back and close it, I need to separately Steal it, then
>> Resolve it.
>>
>> Would you accept a patch that allows implicit Steal like this?
>>
> Nope. That would entirely defeat ownership-as-locking.

Ownership doesn't lock.  Anyone can update any ticket.

And more to the point, that's exactly how we want it.  Anyone can
reply to any ticket, anyone can update any ticket.  That's how its
working today.

We'd actually like to see locking in the "someone is currently
responding to this ticket" but I'm going to have to dig into the code
and figure out how to make this happen.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness