[rt-users] RT 3.8 on Ubuntu Hardy

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Mar 10 14:45:41 EDT 2009

Shawn Smith wrote:
> Interesting, I can't reproduce the error anymore after following your
> instructions.  Thanks a lot!  Would you mind offering a quick explanation as
> to why you think this fixes the problem?  I'm a little confused about what
> it's doing and what it's fixing.  Thanks again.

There are database schema changes in RT between versions.  You really need
to go through UPGRADING.mysql and do what it says; that one thing isn't
going to cover all the changes.

In particular, its quite likely that all your binary attachments are
non-functional.  Try downloading one and opening it.

And please don't top post :)

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117