[rt-users] Custom Fields not showing up in email created tickets.

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Mar 10 18:51:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 18:19, James Hendrickson
<jhendrickson at zixcorp.com> wrote:

> I don't understand custom fields it seems. I have created two of them,
> they only appear as an editable field when directly creating a new
> ticket rather than having a new ticket opened via inbound email. If the
> user wants to edit the field after ticket creation they seem to have to
> click on "custom fields" and get taken to another page then click "save
> changes".
Check the list archives, wiki, or RT book.
1) CFs are special, and require ACLs.
2) A normal email has no way of providing content for a CF.

You can, however, patch Rt to permit this and other actions by email
e.g; http://www.usit.uio.no/it/rt/modifications/

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.