[rt-users] Custom Fields not showing up in email created tickets.

James Hendrickson jhendrickson at zixcorp.com
Tue Mar 10 18:19:57 EDT 2009

I don't understand custom fields it seems. I have created two of them,
they only appear as an editable field when directly creating a new
ticket rather than having a new ticket opened via inbound email. If the
user wants to edit the field after ticket creation they seem to have to
click on "custom fields" and get taken to another page then click "save
changes".

What I wanted was to have the custom field as an option when replying to
an email. That way my technicians can simply click on a drop down and
select which product the email reply is in regards to. Can anyone point
me in the right direction to make this happen?