[rt-users] Email and LDAP authentication problems or rather issues

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Mar 11 06:01:08 EDT 2009

Steven McDonald wrote:
> Hi
>
>     We are currently running an instance of RT 3.8.1. It has been setup
> to use LDAP for its authentications. For the most part people are
> instructed to use the web interface to submit tickets. However some
> people would prefer to use email, in addition to the web. This has been
> discouraged.

It is being worked on for the next release of ExternalAuth, however at
the moment, the only available system is to have everyone log in once to
create their account in RT, and then ensure they always send e-mail to
RT from the e-mail address associated with that account.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com