[rt-users] Search results being filtered after they are generated?

Jon Baker JBAKER at wgm.us
Fri Mar 13 10:45:52 EDT 2009

This may be already addressed but I can't find it in the archives and
it's driving the heck out of me, especially as we expand RT into more
departments and fine tune access restrictions.

The most obvious place it seems to happen is on the "X newest unowned
tickets" - this list appears to be generated by building a list of the
X newest unowned tickets in the entire system, and then if any of
those tickets are in queues where you have access to, they will show
up in the list, even though the total count is less than X and you do
indeed have more than X unowned tickets you should see.  I.e, if
another department adds 20 tickets because of some project they are
doing (we do a lot of parent/child tickets for steps involved to
accomplish the main ticket) then it appears that there are no unowned
tickets, which usually results in tickets getting buried and forgotten
about.

A less obvious but equally frustrating scenario is when you perform a
search of some sort and end up with multiple blank pages because you
only have access to view a small number of tickets in the search
results.

Is there a way to make this work as expected?  I'm hoping there might
be something in my configuration that is causing this.
--
Jon Baker
Information Technology