[rt-users] Using default scrip actions to create a "tee" for transactions

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Sun Mar 22 19:43:54 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 17:50, Jerrad Pierce
<jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org> wrote:
> Anyone know an easy way to get ahold of the code for default scrip actions?
>
> I'm trying to create a script like "OnCreate Notify AdminCCs" that includes
> attachments (I've set the default to include links with an updated version
> of
>  http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddAttachmentLinksToMail) and sends
> the transaction to a specific address not otherwise assoicated with any
> group
> or role, for backup purposes.
>
> I would consider trying to somehow have this account added as a watcher for
> everything in the system, but that doesn't solve the problem that only it
> should
> get attachments.

Just as a follow-up for anyone interested, I eventually got around to
solving this
with a simple global scrip, On Transaction Tee Action for Backup, which sends
a message via the following template:

  RT-Attach-Message: yes
  Subject: <bak> {$Ticket->Subject}
  To: rt-backup at example.org

  <default RT Transaction template>

This captures most things, including attachments (which we do not clog admincc
mailboxes with), but not custom fields... a problem which I'll try to
tackle sometime.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.