[rt-users] RT + Exchange 2003

Michael Finn mfinn at nbutexas.com
Fri Mar 27 15:30:44 EDT 2009

I've got mine set up like so:
1. AD/Exchange 'user' named HelpDesk (helpdesk at nbutexas.com).  This is
where new requests are sent.
2. AD 'contact' named Request Tracker with the e-mail address
rt at helpdesk.nbutexas.com
3. HelpDesk user's Exchange General properties are set to forward all
messages to the RT contact.
4. DNS includes MX records for both Exchange server and
helpdesk.nbutexas.com, so those messages route correctly.
5. RT mails have the reply address set to
rt-<queue>@helpdesk.nbutexas.com, so they are routed properly.
6. /etc/aliases contains entries for every queue:
rt-dev:         "| /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue Development --action
correspond --url http://helpdesk/"
rt-dev-comment: "| /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue Development --action
comment --url http://helpdesk/"

Hope this helps...
Mike