[rt-users] RT Email config for Google Apps

Vincent Beau vincent at 4pm.ie
Fri May 1 06:45:45 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a solution to keep record of everything in the
company I work for.

As of today, RT is the solution I decided to give a try and present to
the head offices. But my only problem now is in the email config.

For info I decided to set up a Ubuntu server and use Postfix as the
mailing system.

The company I work for has decided to use Google Apps services,
including the email boxes.
So if I want to get RT working with everything I should definitely get
along with Goolge services.

So far, I'm already used to deal with GNU/Linux systems for desktop
computing or lightweight LAMP servers.
But frankly I have no knowledge in email servers and Ticketing Systems.

Since I'm still in the testing phase I'm using a GMail account to deal
with this but I barely understand how to configure postfix so that
rt-mailgate can communicate via Google.

I tried and followed several how-tos to configure Postfix with Google
Apps without success.

The one that seemed promising is this one:
http://bookmarks.honewatson.com/2008/04/20/postfix-gmail-smtp-relay/

So, I'm looking for some help for getting everything running smoothly.

Best regards,

Vincent

--
Vincent Beau