[rt-users] Fwd: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth (?) issue

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:30:54 EDT 2009

i have the opposite of accidental-reply-all disease.

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Roy McMorran <mcmorran at mdibl.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm seeing a situation where from time to time the user will be
> (apparently) logged out and returned to the login screen.  When this
> happens I see the following in the rt.log:
>

> (/usr/local/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:64)
> [Wed May  6 13:31:14 2009] [debug]: SSO Failed and no user to test with.
> Nexting
>
> (/usr/local/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:92)
> [Wed May  6 13:31:14 2009] [debug]: Autohandler called ExternalAuth.
> Response: (0, No User)

SSO refers to single sign-on, doesn't it?  I think that's incidental to
what's happening.
The rest of it looks like rt forgot who your user was.  "No user to test
with" and "0, No User" seems to support this.  Is this happening after user
is idle for a while?  Do they not have "refresh every blah" set on the page?

I always have the 2-minutes refresh on, and this seems to infinitely
postpone my auth timing out.

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase