[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth (?) issue

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed May 6 10:32:31 EDT 2009

Wed 06 May 2009 14:59:22 GMT
Roy McMorran wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Running RT 3.8.2 with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth 0.08.  RT was just
> upgraded (from 3.6.6) and I have added LDAP authentication (users were
> all internal before).
>
> I'm seeing a situation where from time to time the user will be
> (apparently) logged out and returned to the login screen.  When this
> happens I see the following in the rt.log:

Do you find this happening when you go to access a ticket?

I have always had a similar problem, but have never had a chance to sort
it out as it's only really a niggle to me.

I find that it's almost like there are two separate sections to RT, one
based around the At a Glance page and one based around display of an
individual ticket, sometimes after logging in and viewing At a Glance, I
have to re-authenticate when going to view a ticket. Also, firefox's
autocomplete suggestions for the uesrname box are different for one than
they are for the other.

Any of this sounding familiar?
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com