[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth (?) issue

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Wed May 6 11:06:28 EDT 2009

Mike Peachey wrote:
> Do you find this happening when you go to access a ticket?
>
> I have always had a similar problem, but have never had a chance to sort
> it out as it's only really a niggle to me.

I've yet to establish a definitive pattern, but I seem to be able to get
it to happen by doing a search on the "Tickets" page.  After I log back
in I get the search results ;-)

Also going to "Tickets" and then back to "Home" will trigger it.
> Any of this sounding familiar?

There are similarities.

Rob Munsch wrote:

> SSO refers to single sign-on, doesn't it?  I think that's incidental
> to what's happening.

Probably so.  I'm not (knowingly) using the SSO feature.

> The rest of it looks like rt forgot who your user was.  "No user to
> test with" and "0, No User" seems to support this.  Is this happening
> after user is idle for a while?  Do they not have "refresh every blah"
> set on the page?

It does look like that.  The idle time isn't the issue though, unless
I've somehow inadvertently set an idle timeout of less than five
seconds  ;-)

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I'm thinking of watching the LDAP
traffic with Wireshark next.

Cheers,
-r

--